Job title: Backend/Full stack Web Developer – Fully Remote
Job description: This is a remote position and is NOT limited to Columbus, OH. We are primarily located in Rochester, NY and Columbus, OH, but we work from anywhere with clients all over the country.
What Are We Looking For?
As a web developer, you play a critical role by providing insights at the beginning of the project and then eventually helping bring it to life. We need a problem solver and critical thinker who is strong in their craft, organized, and collaborates well.
Every member of our team is expected to think big, push creative limits, and always keep the creative solution at the forefront…because if we’re not making a difference, what’s the point?
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Proven ability to work both collaboratively with the team to solve problems, as well as individually
- Manage multiple projects at once while adhering to tight deadlines
- Ability to work primarily within 9-5 EST hours (this can be a little flexible if needed)
- Superior communication, interpersonal and organizational skills in order to convey the broad mechanics of the technical process when needed
- A passion for learning and exploring new techniques/languages/frameworks/solutions. The web changes daily, so we must stay nimble
- Assisting the team in scoping out projects. What’s possible? How difficult is it? What are the barriers to it working well?
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- Expert-level experience with PHP or similar server-side language
- Proficient building with various content management systems, primarily WordPress (using Advanced Custom Fields, Custom Themes, custom plugins, etc) and Drupal. We also frequently work with Shopify, Craft CMS, and Laravel/CodeIgniter. It’s not a requirement to know these systems, but it is preferred.
These are the bare-minimum requirements and chances are you know more than what’s listed here. That’s great – time to show off a bit! Tell us your skills AND how comfortable you are with them (beginner, intermediate, advanced).
Education and Experience Required
At least 5-7 years of related experience. Bachelors or Associates degree preferred, but not required.
One of the best benefits is the people and clients you work with everyday. Seriously, 🙂
In addition, we also offer:
- Health, dental and vision insurance – Employee premiums covered at 100%
- 401K with generous company match
- Ten days Paid Time Off (PTO) and five sick days per year; ten paid holidays per year, not including company-wide shut-down between Christmas and New Years
- Six weeks paid parental leave
- Incredible work/life balance
- An annual continuing education slush fund for employees to use for personal and professional development. You may request to use these funds at any time so long as they accomplish the goal of personal and professional development, including but not limited to Online tutorials and training, in-person tradeshows and exhibitions, physical resources and books
- Company-provided laptop, extra monitor and computer accessories; annual stipend for additional office expenses and/or supplies
- Flexibility to work from wherever you’d like
Expected salary: Not Available
Location: Columbus, OH
Job date: Thu, 16 Mar 2023 08:10:59 GMT
Apply for the job now!