Job title: Partner 18, Content Marketing Manager
Company: Andreessen Horowitz
Job description: Partner 18, Content Marketing Manager
Founded in Silicon Valley in 2009 by Marc Andreessen and Ben Horowitz, Andreessen Horowitz (known as “a16z”) is a venture capital firm that backs bold entrepreneurs building the future through technology. We are stage agnostic: We invest in seed to venture to late-stage technology companies, across bio + healthcare, consumer, crypto, enterprise, fintech, games, and companies building toward American dynamism. a16z has $35B in assets under management across multiple funds.
We’ve established a team that respect for the entrepreneur and the company-building process; we know what it’s like to be in the founder’s shoes. We’ve invested in like Affirm, Airbnb, Coinbase, Databricks, Devoted Health, EQRx, Figma, GitHub, Instacart, OpenSea, Roblox, Stripe, and Substack. Our team is at the forefront of new technology, helping founders and their companies impact and change the world.
We’re seeking a skilled content manager to join our team. The ideal candidate will have experience in content management or marketing across various channels. As part of the content operations team, you will work with editors and marketers across the firm to ensure all content is optimized for web, email, search, and other channels. You will manage the production of our newsletter, support content publishing, and implement new site features and processes to streamline production. You should have excellent copywriting and editing skills, be very comfortable working in WordPress, and have a passion for building new processes, systems, and tools for a best-in-class content program.
To join our team, you should be excited to:
- Partner with editors and other content creators to ensure we’re publishing content of the highest quality and consistency, while regularly identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Produce and manage an email newsletter, working with editorial, marketing, and ops to curate content, collect assets, and write copy.
- Manage a roadmap of WordPress CMS tools and features to be built that will help editors create more engaging content.
- Conduct audits as needed to inform content strategy.
- Compile and share reports on newsletter performance.
- Work with our syndication partners, packaging and delivering content regularly.
- 5+ years in content management, content marketing, writing and editing, or a related field.
- Experience with email marketing, especially producing and writing email newsletters.
- Very knowledgeable of WordPress CMS sites and blogs, as well as working with developer teams to implement new back-end and front-end features to improve content production and ultimately content success.
- Strong copywriter and editor, with a body of work you can share.
- Extremely organized, detailed-oriented, and competent in project management, with a track record of building new processes to improve production workflows.
- Basic understanding of SEO best practices and how to implement them to increase the reach and discovery of content.
- Experience with Google Analytics or other web/content analytics tools.
- Ability to work cross-functionally supporting various teams and partners.
- Strong communications skills both verbal and written with a penchant for regular follow-up and keeping teammates informed.
- Intellectually curious, ideally with an interest in new technology and startups.
The anticipated salary range for this role is between $155,000-$181,000, actual starting pay may vary based on a range of factors which can include experience, skills, and scope.
This role is eligible to participate in the a16z Carry program and various discretionary bonus programs as well as benefit and perquisite plans including health, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, 401K plan, vacation, and sick leave. #LI-Remote
- We do only first class business and only in a first class way
- We take a long view of relationships, because we are in the relationship business
- We believe in the future and bet the firm that way
- We are all different, we recognize that, and we win
- We celebrate the good times
- We do it for the team
- We play to win
At a16z we are always looking to hire the absolute best talent and recognize that diversity in our experiences and backgrounds is what makes us stronger. We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. These differences are what enables us to work towards the future we envision for ourselves, our portfolio companies, and the World.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click to learn about E-Verify.
Andreessen Horowitz hereby reserves the right to make use of any unsolicited resumes received from outside recruiting agencies and / or individual recruiters without being responsible for payment of any fees asserted from the use of unsolicited resumes.
Apply for this Job
Expected salary: $155,000 – 181,000 per year
Job date: Sat, 01 Apr 2023 00:42:02 GMT