Locations: Remote US
Mozilla is looking for a Director of Product Communications to lead our external communications efforts as we transform from being a browser company into a true product organization with a portfolio of offerings. You will be responsible for sharing Mozilla’s unique stories and amazing products with the world. In this role, you will handle outreach and communications strategy to support our Product and Innovations teams as they look to broaden our reach and engagement with new consumer and technical audiences.
You will work closely with Product and Innovation leadership, and the Vice President of Communications, to develop a complete narrative for Mozilla’s products that aligns with our mission and vision for the future of the internet. You will develop strategies, and lead execution on initiatives, that help Mozilla carve out a unique place in the tech landscape, clearly differentiating us from “Big Tech” and using our products to demonstrate that Mozilla is a company that leads by building.
You will have a broad view of communications, seeing media as just one channel to reach our target audiences. You will work closely with Community, Content and Social teams to ensure you are creatively using every lever at our disposal to achieve our goals with efficiency and effectiveness. You will also understand how to use senior executives to advance the product narrative through targeted engagement with press and at conferences, etc.
You’ll lead, and help to build out, a distributed team, with support from PR agencies.
You should have an extensive PR background. Messaging and media relations savvy are required. If you have a journalism background, that is wonderful!
- Set a strategy for global product comms that advances key business objectives
- Work closely with social, events and editorial teams to both implement complex campaigns and ensure product messages are consistently at the heart of our external communications
- Help us do a better job pushing our message into mainstream channels in online, print, television, and podcasts
- Use key individuals across the Product and Innovation teams as key spokespeople to advance our narratives
- Weave separate product initiatives into a comprehensive product narrative
- Work with other parts of the Communications and Marketing (especially PMM for launches) teams to ensure consistent alignment in messaging and strategy
- Assist in the developing a speaking and events engagement strategy for our CEO (aligned to product outcomes)
- Support our Product and Innovation teams on major launches, product and corporate campaigns and activities
Your Professional Profile
- 12+ years relevant experience
- 5+ years working for a product-driven organization in tech
- Excellent writing and social communication skills
- Strong character, ethics, attention to detail and a high standard of performance
- Prior experience leading communications teams
- Experience working with engineering and technical communities
- Foreign language (Spanish, German) is useful
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
- Group: B
- Req ID: R2102