Job title: DTRA Software Developer
Company: General Dynamics
Job description: Type of Requisition: Regular
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Suitability: No Suitability Required
Public Trust/Other Required:
Job Family: Software Development
Skills: Agile Methodology, Software Design, Software Development
Certifications: CompTIA – Security+ CE – CompTIA
Experience: 5 + years of related experience
US Citizenship Required: Yes
Join GDIT and be a part of the team of men and women that solve some of the world’s most complex technical challenges. The Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) Defense Stockpile Management Systems (DSMS) support is searching for a Software Developer to join their team in Fort. Belvoir, VA.
DTRA is the Executive Agent for the Joint Staff Nuclear Weapons Stockpile Manager and is assigned the responsibility for maintaining the DoDs national nuclear weapons stockpile database using the Defense Integration and Management of Nuclear Data Services (DIAMONDS) application.
Software Developers use agile software development methodology to develop web-based software models, in addition to using Oracle, PL/SQL based database programming; user interface programming, including, but not limited to C#. This requirement provides Agile software development associated with Defense Integration and Management of Nuclear Data Services (DIAMONDS) (and other applications) and frameworks involved in the software release life cycle.
Performance Requirement includes:
- Provide software design, development, integration, documentation, configuration management, testing, release, and user support of all program software and system engineering
- Develop and maintain DIAMONDS (and other applications) in accordance with current CMMI for Development level 3 standards
- Develop software tools to support testing, analysis, and data management
- Provide software maintenance to ensure continued operational capability of the test systems software
- Ensure software development plans include standards, configuration management, quality assurance, and life cycle processes
- Develop lifecycle artifacts to support Independent Validation and Verification (IV&V) of the software by any GPM/GFR designate outside organization(s)
- Provide sustainment to currently fielded software and accomplish software redesign as required
- Attend and participate in system requirements, design and milestone review (e.g., BPR, PDR, CDR, etc.)
- Ensure user sites are continuously operational and fielded maintenance upgrades fully meet user needs
- Ensure currently fielded legacy systems remain fully operational while changes are being made to the software, and legacy and updated sites operate as software updates are fielded
- Ensure system maintenance (redesign) is accomplished with minimal disruption at user locations
- Explore and document potential additional hardware and software test enhancements in anticipation of upgrades to the next release
- Performs and provides guidance on all phases of the software development lifecycle.
- Analyze user/business needs and functionality to plan and design software systems to meet those needs.
- May provide guidance for less-experienced software developers in creating a variety of models and diagrams that show programmers the software code needed for an application.
- Performs and provides guidance on software updates, refinement, testing, and debugging to meet business needs.
- Provides relevant analysis for reports on software project specifications, activities, or status.
- Thoroughly documents the software or system process for future maintenance and updates.
- Development of new features using WPF with PRISM framework.
- Experience with Oracle database, PL/SQL and SQL to interact with application.
- Experience with GIT source control.
- Experience with both direct interactions with customers to gather requirements and design windows and views based on concept designs.
- Experience using Fortify, SonarQube, or other static code analysis scanners.
- BS degree and 5+ years of experience; additional years of experience, certifications, and training may be considered in lieu of degree
- Required: Active Secret security clearance to start w/TS eligibility
- Required: DOD 8570 IAT Level II, ex. CompTIA Security +, CCNA-Security, etc.
- Required: Oracle/SQL, C#, GIT source control, etc.
- Preferred: Agile methodologies
Telework eligible, this is system and project specific
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40
Travel Required: Less than 10%
Telecommuting Options: Hybrid
Work Location: USA VA Fort Belvoir
Additional Work Locations:
COVID-19 Vaccination: GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the customer site requirements.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Expected salary: Not Available
Location: Fort Belvoir, VA
Job date: Wed, 17 May 2023 06:35:43 GMT