Job title: Front End Developer
Company: Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
Job description: Company Description
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is important for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
$123,960 – $166,992 Annually for the SES.2 level
$148,650 – $200,328 Annually for the SES.3 level
Please note that the pay range information is a general guideline only. Many factors are taken into consideration when setting starting pay including education, experience, the external labor market, and internal equity.
We have an opening for an experienced Front End Developer to support LLNL’s employee portal and internal website platform through the design, development and maintenance of websites and portlets. This position is in the Digital Experience and Search group within the Information Technology Solutions division within the Computing Directorate in support of the LivIT program.
This position will be filled at either level based on knowledge and related experience as assessed by the hiring team. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if hired at the higher level.
- Generate functional requirements, develop architectural design documentation, provide status for project tracking activities, and prototype where appropriate.
- Deploy software following an agile design methodology to be secure, free of vulnerabilities, and componentized for ease of maintenance.
- Contribute to the evaluation, implementation, and administration of sites using Liferay.
- Design and implement user interactions on web pages that improve the overall experience.
- Collaborate with multiple customers and developers to migrate static HTML/XML websites over into the Liferay platform.
- Have broad, independent interactions with all levels of personnel within own organization and frequent interactions with customers at all levels.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional job responsibilities, at the SES.3 level
- Lead analysis efforts to provide original solutions to customers’ problems.
- Independently address technical issues and provide creative solutions related to institutional compatibility, support, and system needs, under minimal supervision.
- Architect and develop custom Liferay solutions.
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship.
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer or engineering related field, or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Knowledge of current trends and best practices in web architecture and design such as performance, accessibility, UI/UX design, prototyping, scalability, and compliance.
- Comprehensive experience building sites, developing themes, and/or creating/modifying modules for Content Management Systems (CMS), such as Drupal, WordPress, and Liferay.
- Experience with Java EE development or other object-oriented programming language.
- Experience with databases.
- Ability to effectively manage concurrent technical tasks with competing priorities, approach difficult problems with enthusiasm and creativity, and the ability to change focus when necessary.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills necessary to effectively collaborate in a team environment, provide advice to management, and interact effectively with a broad group of customers.
Additional qualifications at the SES.3 level
- Advanced knowledge of the latest trends and best practices in web architecture and design such as accessibility, UI/UX design, and rapid prototyping.
- Significant experience troubleshooting software issues and providing technical support.
- Significant experience with Java EE development or other object-oriented programming language.
Additional Information All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This is a Career Indefinite position, open to Lab employees and external candidates.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Relocation Assistance
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (IDEA) – visit
- Our core beliefs – visit
- Employee engagement – visit
This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance. If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Also, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position must pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing all with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
We invite you to review the Equal Employment Opportunity posters which include and .
Our goal is to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates applying and interviewing at the Laboratory. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please use our to submit a request.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed .
Expected salary: $123,960 – 166,992 per year
Location: Livermore, CA
Job date: Thu, 30 Mar 2023 00:36:43 GMT