Job title: Graphic Design Specialist
Company: Portland Rescue Mission
Job description: IMPORTANT DETAILS
- This is a hybrid, in-person/work-from-home, position based at our administrative office in Portland, Oregon.
- We ask all applicants to apply through the Portland Rescue Mission careers page and complete our online employment application so that we can best get to know applicants and determine next steps.
- Please go our careers webpage at www.portlandrescuemission.org/careers.
- Click on Current Career Opportunities and find the Graphic Design Specialist position.
- Review the job posting and click Apply For This Position to apply.
- Only fully completed applications will be considered.
Portland Rescue Mission, is seeking a Graphic Design Specialist. This gifted servant will personify creativity, attention to detail, and teamwork as they join a Christ-centered team with an award-winning culture and a commitment to serving others.
Are you ready to make a lasting difference as you share the story of people finding hope and life restoration? If so, we invite you to thoughtfully consider this unique opportunity.
- Status: Full-Time, Regular, Exempt
- Reports To: Director of Marketing
- Hours: Monday-Friday, 8-5, other evenings and weekends as needed,
- Location: Administration Office (13207 NE Halsey St. Portland, OR)
- Pay Rate: Depending on Experience
THE MARKETING TEAM
The Marketing Department at Portland Rescue Mission (PRM) is a group of dedicated professionals using their marketing skills for life-changing Christian ministry. Our goal is to tell the stories of what God has done in the lives of the men, women and children we serve with integrity and excellence. In doing this, we honor the lives of those we serve and share their testimony in a way that invites others more deeply into partnership with PRM through service, prayer and financial giving. This is a true ministry opportunity through the skills of marketing, and the best candidate will be a story-telling professional with a heart for serving hurting and hopeless people in the name of Jesus.
The Graphic Design Specialist is a hands-on contributor to the storytelling efforts of PRM through excellent design and production skills. The scope of responsibility ranges from print production and digital graphic design to vendor relations and administrative management of projects and deadlines. This must be done with an emphasis on producing and managing the delivery methods of content that will share our message of hope and transformation. The right candidate will be proficient at overseeing all aspects of graphic design, from resource gathering to producing final pieces. They will also be comfortable with graphic design, writing basic copy and tailoring content to social media platforms.
- Individuals, businesses and churches in our community will be inspired to partner with the work of Portland Rescue Mission by viewing exceptionally well-designed and produced materials that share stories of changed lives via marketing campaigns and across a variety of print and digital platforms, including social media.
- The needs for graphic design services and marketing services from our staff across PRM will be met on time, with a spirit of teamwork, and with excellence.
- The decisions and strategic direction of PRM’s leaders will be met with support and dedication, and marketing materials will be produced that enhance that vision to reach broader audiences through print and digital platforms.
- Marketing campaigns will gain depth and experiential value to the audience by including visual design elements that enrich the experience and emotional engagement of the viewer.
- Design elements produced for PRM will appeal to the target audiences in PRM’s different channels of delivery, taking in to account demographic sensitivity and appropriateness of content and messaging.
- Budgets and delivery timelines for design projects will be met on or ahead of time for internal and external department commitments.
- Donors, volunteers, staff, and community members will be invited into deeper discipleship as they are led to see God’s intervention on behalf of the men, women and children that we serve at PRM.
- The Marketing team’s vision and unity as led by the Director of Marketing will be strengthened by the Graphic Design Specialist’s attitude and contributions.
- Work under the management and direction of the Director of Marketing and function as an active part of the Marketing Department
- Serve two hours per week of the regular schedule in a direct ministry capacity at one of Portland Rescue Mission’s ministry centers to develop and enhance culture of hospitality
- Provide creative input as part of the Marketing Department to improve overall performance in Portland Rescue Mission’s donor relations efforts
- Seek ongoing training or enrichment opportunities surrounding design, technology and strategy to help the Mission keep on the cutting edge of effective marketing
- Actively explore and report on trends and new opportunities
BACKGROUND AND QUALIFICATIONS
- College degree in related field or experience equivalent
- Professional-level graphic design skills – SAMPLES REQUIRED
- Professional-level video production skills preferred
- Highly proficient in industry-standard design software (Adobe Creative Suite—Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat, etc.)
- Strong proficiency in software such as; Basecamp, Dropbox, WordPress and other digital media platforms
- Understanding of print production processes and experience producing pre-press files
- Experience in Microsoft Office software
- Excellent grammatical, oral and written communication skills
- A personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and a testimony of continued growth in faith
- Adherence to Portland Rescue Mission’s Statement of Faith and Code of Ethics
- Embrace the Portland Rescue Mission ministry culture of being a Highly Relational, Christ-Centered, Joyful Servant
- Committed to the ministry of Portland Rescue Mission with a passion to help men, women and children suffering from homelessness, addiction and abuse
- Telephone, fax and voice mail
- Copier, printers and related office equipment
- Multiple design and internet-based software, programs and apps (e.g. Adobe Creative Suite—Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat, etc.)
- Digital camera with multiple lenses and external flash
MISSION AND DISTINCTIVES
To exalt Jesus by cultivating transformed lives
OUR UNIQUE APPROACH
From the first sandwich that was shared in 1949, to today’s fully integrated emergency, recovery, and training services, Portland Rescue Mission is a highly relational ministry. The Mission builds supportive and caring communities, meets people at their point of need, equips them, and provides a path forward. In-depth partnership with churches and volunteers, multiple tiers of services and a focus on growing Christian disciples is fundamental to Portland Rescue Mission’s success.
Expected salary: Not Available
Location: Portland, OR
Job date: Thu, 01 Jun 2023