Job title: New Opportunity – WordPress Designer and Developer – $100k
Company: Trajan Wealth
Job description: Job purpose
As the WordPress Designer & Developer for Trajan Wealth, your role involves creating and building websites. Your background in design and expertise in web development make you a valuable asset with a fresh perspective. You are interested in user behavior and use UX principles to guide your designs. You are skilled in both code efficiency and creative problem-solving. You have experience working in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines. You welcome the occasional opportunity to stretch your design skills and break the monotony of website work by working on Creative unrelated to websites.
This hybrid role will work closely with the marketing team to support campaigns, digital/social initiatives, product initiatives, and other related opportunities. Strong time management and organizational skills are essential. Join a supportive team that values your contributions and where we work together to help to accomplish our goals.
Duties and responsibilities
Design and Develop:
Work closely with the Content Creation Manager to help create, edit, and proof a wide range of graphics, photos, and videos with design software such as Adobe Creative Suite. Includes:
- Create website designs that combine aesthetics with UX/UI
- Design and develop WordPress website and landing page designs by using a mobile-first design.
- Assist in capturing necessary video, audio, and photography, including contributing to pre-shoot planning and prep work.
- Assist in assembling creative assets to create a cohesive draft for review. Examples include short-form video, graphics, etc.
- Ensure Trajan brand standards are applied appropriately and according to marketing strategy.
Website Maintenance and Administration:
- Site security and troubleshooting errors, such as diagnosing server errors, feed errors, user errors, missing content.
- Working with our hosting company to ensure high-performance and availability and managing all technical aspects of the CMS.
- Overseeing and maintaining development, staging and production environments.
- Writing clear, concise documentation and case updates.
- Managing schedules and notifications for all site pushes.
- Analyzing and testing sites/features for optimization and appearance.
- Performing quality-control, such as cross-browser testing, including all common modern browsers, devices.
- Proposing and implementing appropriate solutions in response to items like user stories or speed tests.
Thought Leadership, Support, And Brainstorming:
- Acts as a resource for the entire Marketing team, providing guidance on coding, analytics tracking, and user experience.
- Stays abreast of best practices and changing trends within the web design and development fields.
- Support department projects on an as needed basis. May include periodic maintenance of existing web properties, such as uploading blogs, editing content, and pulling data for reports.
- Collaborate in creating pitch materials, storytelling, narratives, and related content.
Core Qualifications include:
- 3+ years’ experience in design and developing WordPress sites.
- Advanced knowledge of PHP back-end development.
- Experience with CDNs and other caching methods.
- Understanding of the fundamentals of UI/UX, working knowledge of graphic design.
- Experience with Figma, Adobe Creative Suite.
- Knowledge of website optimization, web accessibility standards (WCAG), responsive design, and Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
- Ability to problem-solve independently and provide potential solutions.
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate with others
Desired experience includes:
- Experience with back-end frameworks such as Node.js or ASP.NET or Ruby on Rails.
- Experience with Elementor or WPEngine or Cloudflare.
- Experience with cloud platform services (AWS).
- Knowledge of Advanced Custom Fields, custom post types, and custom taxonomies.
- Knowledge of photography and videography. Comfortable and efficient with cameras and lighting and audio equipment/techniques.
- Knowledge of digital marketing and other major marketing channels.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Ability to articulate complex technical details to non-technical people.
- Experience working with Salesforce and/or experience work in a financial field is also a plus.
- Competitive Salary
- 401k with matching component
- United Healthcare PPO Medical employee coverage paid by Company
- Delta Dental and UHC Vision
- Life Insurance, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability options available and much more
- Generous holidays and PTO
Come and join a team that is making a difference in their clients and employee’s lives!
Expected salary: $100,000 per year
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Job date: Sat, 20 May 2023