Job title: Quantitative Developer
Job description: We are seeking a Quantitative Developer who will work within a small team creating tools for our research efforts and daily trading strategy operations. The successful candidate will be a detail oriented individual with a strong sense of simplicity and elegance of design. This position is based in Houston, TX and will be a hybrid (T/Th in office) work schedule.
What you’ll do:
- Develop systems for managing large datasets
- Build visualizations of statistically derived data
- Build tools for monitoring and operational aspects of daily trading strategies
- Work with end users to gather requirements and translate to technical design
What you’ll have:
- At least a B.S. in a technical field such as computer science, math, physics, engineering etc.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability and desire to work both independently and as a part of a team
Experience in the following:
- Software architecture and design
- Compiled Object Oriented language (C++, C#)
- Data visualization
- Process automation on a Linux platform (Bash, Python etc.)
- Experience in finance and electronic trading
- UX Design
What you’ll get:
- The unique opportunity to work alongside talented and passionate experts who take pride in delivering results
- Attractive compensation and bonus structure
- Generous benefit plan structure including an option for fully paid health insurance premiums for individuals
- Free catered lunches every day with snacks and beverages provided daily
- Company paid onsite gym membership
- Training and development opportunities
- Pre-tax transportation benefit
- Casual dress
- Company events, often including employees’ families
Who we are:
Quantlab is a quantitative trading firm where Technology and Scientific Research are central to our business and key to our success. Founded in 1998, Quantlab is a pioneer in quantitative algorithmic trading. Behind our success is our people. We hire some of the smartest and most passionate engineers and quants in the world.
The firm is privately held with headquarters in Houston, and offices in New York, Chicago, Denver, Boston, Austin, and Singapore. We are a science lab spinning trade data in the centrifuge of math and technology to parse financial frontiers and optimize results.
Why you should work with us:
Quantlab is constantly pushing the boundaries of technology, from high performance computing clusters attached to petabytes of storage, to ultra-low latency hardware, to highly optimized operating systems. Our team members enjoy the collaborative and impact-driven atmosphere where passion, innovation, and the scientific process power amazing results. This is just one reason we continue to attract the industry’s most enterprising and brightest talent. Our regard for tenacity, humility, and an intrinsic will to win promotes a fast-paced, team-first culture where brilliance is magnified into global leading lights.
Quantlab is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. Only search firms with valid, written agreements with Quantlab should submit resumes in response to Quantlab’s posted positions. All resumes submitted by search firms to Quantlab via e-mail, the Internet, personal delivery, facsimile, or any other method without a valid written agreement shall be deemed the sole property of Quantlab, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Quantlab.
Quantlab is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, genetic information, age, military service, or any other protected characteristic. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Expected salary: Not Available
Location: Houston, TX
Job date: Thu, 23 Mar 2023 08:10:33 GMT