Job title: Web Developer Technology Kansas City, MO Req ID: 9108
Job description: About Us: VMLY&R
At VMLY&R, we create connected brands. We resist the usual ways of seeing, doing and thinking — harnessing creativity, technology and culture — to reimagine the entire connected consumer experience. Our goal? To create work that becomes part of people’s lives, to drive value for our clients and, in the best of cases, to impact the world.
This is a position on the WPPatCP agency team for our global Consumer Package Goods (CPG) client. The agency is fully-integrated, with team members assigned to multiple marketing disciplines (consumer advertising, shopper marketing, eCommerce, media, public relations, etc.). The team is very collaborative which enables speed, efficiency, and connectivity. The team is responsible for Integrated Marketing Communications (IMC) across numerous CPG brands. The agency is global in nature, with offices spread throughout the world. Thus, the agency’s work for the client runs in over 200 countries.
We are looking for a Front-End Web Developer who will be responsible for implementing the complete presentation layer of global enterprise websites. You will be working on projects which are housed on robust, high-availability hosting environments. The fruits of your labor will be enjoyed by millions of monthly visitors worldwide.
You should be motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX wireframes and layouts to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will work with UI designers and creative team members to bridge the gap between graphic design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders, including colleagues in other global offices
- Implement code that is CMS-friendly and locale-agnostic
- Stay current on emerging technologies, to help push our processes and techniques forward
Skills and Qualifications
To succeed on this team, you’ll need to have solid base front-end coding skills and approach web development more like an application or server-side developer than a UI designer. You should have a keen understanding of Responsive Web Design principles, and possess the following traits:
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5 and CSS3
- Basic understanding of CSS pre-compilers such as LESS and SASS
- Basic understanding of Bootstrap, Foundation or other CSS frameworks
- Good understanding Content Management Systems such as Adobe Experience Manager, Drupal and WordPress
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Basic understanding of template engines such as Mustache, Twig or Blade
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools such as Photoshop, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image, and export web-optimized assets
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git and SVN
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
- Basic knowledge of Java or PHP / LAMP stack is a plus
Beyond the buzzwords, we are seeking candidates who are very much about experimenting with new technology, pushing the envelope, always exploring, innovating, and creative in their application of technology. We’re after someone who is:
- Adaptable to change
- Effective and focused in how they spend their time
- Passionate about doing good work
As the world leader in communications services, we rely on the creativity of our people to deliver the best work for our clients. In return, we invest in our employees by offering them a diverse suite of benefits from best-in-class carriers, with enough choice and flexibility to keep them and their families healthy and happy today and tomorrow.
- Corporate gift matching program
- Paid time off for volunteering
- Paid parental leave
- Ranked No. 1 in advertising for our adoption assistance program
- Corporate discounts
- VMLY&R Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) team, which guides, celebrates, and promotes cultural literacy; increases employee engagement; recruits and retains a diverse workforce; and builds internal opportunities for people to learn and grow.
VMLY&R is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or physical or mental disability. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal. VMLY&R is a M/F Disabled and Vet .
Expected salary: Not Available
Location: Kansas City, MO
Job date: Fri, 10 Mar 2023 23:37:31 GMT