Today, WordPress released update 6.3, “Lionel” Named after Lionel Hampton.
Here is a short list of some key features of what was introduced:
- A more complete Site Editor. With 6.3 Lionel, you can fine-tune (I love puns) your template styles, patterns, and navigation, all from within the Site Editor.
- You can now preview the block themes and customize them before you decide to go ahead and switch to a new theme.
- Now, if you create or customize a pattern, you can save it as a custom pattern, making it reusable.
- 6.3 introduces design controls to give you more style options without using custom CSS or installing a plugin for simple element styling. (About time).
- WordPress also introduced a significant 170+ performance updates. Improvements such as using defer and async (my favorite).
I’m glad WordPress has given the Site editor a little more love. I personally use Elementor more on my projects. But there are several websites in which I do use the block editor. I’m just glad I don’t have to add CSS or install plugins just to edit simple text.